Wednesday 5 November 2014

Alexander Wang x H&M


The Alexander Wang x H&M collection will hit stores on 6th November, and I think it's fair to say that it's one of the most hotly anticipated H&M collaborations so far. I'd put money on it selling out completely in the first day, maybe even within the first few hours! Buying items from these collaborations is notoriously difficult. The website crashes before the collection even launches, and you need to arrive at your local store hours before it even opens to join the queue, with strict purchasing rules. Personally, I prefer trying to get my hands on these sought-after items online. Considering that I find the sales bad enough, H&M on collaboration launch day is far too scary for me, especially since my experience in H&M when the Jimmy Choo collaboration launched (I actually hid in a rack of coats because I couldn't handle the level of crazy that was going on). 

So, what tips do I have for shopping this collection online?
1. Plan what you want to buy beforehand. Work out how much you can spend and then decide exactly which items you want to buy. Check the sizing, and measure yourself to be extra sure. You can return items that don't fit, but it's unlikely there will be any stock left to exchange for a different size. You could also create an account and add your credit card details (see point 3)

2. Refresh! Refresh! Access the website at least 30 minutes before the collection launches and leave it sitting there while you have your breakfast. Start refreshing the page about 5 minutes before. Keep refreshing! The site will almost certainly go down due to the high traffic, but keep refreshing and you might just get in.

3. Act fast. If you're lucky enough to gain access to the site, you'll need to act quickly. The items will sell out fast, and I'm not sure how long items are reserved for when they're in your basket. So select the items and check out as quickly as you can.

Will you be shopping this collection? Good luck if so! And let me know what you bought! You can find my favourites below.
Much love, Bemsy x

0 comments:

Post a Comment