Thursday 28 February 2013

Coachella Looks

Once Spring rolls around it will be time for what I think is the biggest music festival of the year...yep! you guessed it! Coachella! Every year I desperately sit in my room staring at the photo albums on Facebook of girls at Coachella, and what's the first thing I notice? Their outfits of course! Ever since the 2013 lineup came out a few weeks ago I have been searching everywhere for inspiration since I actually get to go this year! I know I still have a few months to go but hey, I'm excited! And yes, I am aware that it's still Winter but it's never too early to start planning for those cute Spring and Summer looks or a random day of warm weather!

Coachella is definitely the time to try out new styles or wear things you normally wouldn't wear...just think no matter what you're wearing, someone will be dressed 10x crazier! Bright colors, clashing patterns, whatever you're feeling, it's totally the time to try out something new. I've put together 3 looks that I would wear to Coachella or just any spring/summer day.
Shorts - Etsy; Billabong bralette - Dogfunk; Matthew Williamson sunglasses - ShopbopASOS belt; Nars nail polish - ASOS; B.F.T. wedges - Barefoot Tess

High waisted shorts and neon were so 2012, I know, but I still think it's soooo cute! If you find a good pair of high-waisted shorts, they can go with almost any shirt and as a bonus they're really easy to dress up and down. Try to find a pair that doesn't ride up, is an appropriate length, and doesn't have too many rips or holes--you want to look cute not trashy. For an occasion where you can be a little bit more risque with your choices, like Coachella, pair it with a bright tank, bra top, or a crocheted halter. Find a perfect matching pair of sunglasses and you're good to go! It's a really effortless look, even if you spent hours trying to find the shirt that looks just right tucked into the shorts.
Skirt - Forever New; Headband - Etsy; Sandals - Colette

The next look is a high-low, fishtail type skirt and a bandeau. A fishtail skirt is a must have! It flows so nicely when you walk and there are so many different designs, patterns, cuts, etc. so it's super easy to find whatever you're looking for whether it's for a formal party, or just a fun get together and the beach. In my personal style I like to be super matchy-matchy so I stuck with pretty much the same color palette here. The bandeau in this look is all by its self but for an outfit that would show less skin there's a simple solution...just put it under a tank top with low-cut sides or a low front. The pop of color will look really cool and it will be so much more comfortable than a regular bra.
Flower crown - ebay; Denim waistcoat - Wetseal; Wedges - Steve Madden @ Macy's

This last look is super girly but you can easily adjust it to fit your own personal style! I chose a pink floral dress and a matching flower crown. In my opinion, a signature Coachella outfit must have. When else are you going to be able to rock a crown of flowers? If you're not into the whole floral sundress thing, an edgier dress will work for the same look. I paired it with a denim vest, since denim isn't a pattern and more of a type of fabric it can't really clash with anything! Even though the denim is light, it still adds some roughness to the pink floral look. If you pair the dress with some wedges your legs will look a lot longer and give the dress a nicer shape and flow on your body. If you change up the colors in the look to fit your style this could be a totally awesome look to play with hard vs soft.


So there you go! If you need to start planning early for some summer or spring looks or are going to Coachella like me, I hope this helped provide some fashion inspiration! If you need some more examples Vanessa Hudgens has some of my favorite Coachella looks ever! Remember, don't be afraid of wearing something that's 'out of style'. If you like it, go for it! Confidence is the most important ingredient to any look!

Are you heading to any festivals this summer? What do you plan to wear?

-xx Isi

0 comments:

Post a Comment